6 Range of Explosion-proof Cameras for Oil and Gas Industry
June 3, 2022
Safety measures across offshore and onshore installations at any oil and gas facility must be kept as effective as possible on a constant basis. The raw materials being processed at these sites are usually highly flammable and explosive which is why monitoring, inspecting, and evaluating are extremely essential to maintain safety in such industries. Hence, an explosion-proof video camera system is a perfect fit for the Oil and Gas industry. Let’s dig a little deeper to understand how explosion-proof cameras provide value and what are the different ranges available for the Oil & Gas industry.
The oil and gas production chain goes from offshore exploration and drilling platforms to onshore oil wells, from pipelines to refineries. Generally, such sites are spread over vast areas in remote inaccessible places on land or in the open sea and are often subjected to hostile environmental conditions. Given the high-risk environment, there are numerous challenges faced when it comes to ensuring the protection of personnel and the expensive infrastructure at such sites. For installing any equipment in these types of environments you also need to meet the strict and rigorous standards set by the governing bodies. All electrical or mechanical equipment installed in a place that has been classified as potentially explosive must follow stringent design parameters, pass exacting compliance testing, and gain certification as an "explosion-proof product" from accredited certification bodies.
2. The Solution: Explosion-proof Cameras
An Explosion-proof camera is the ideal surveillance solution for the oil and gas industry. As they are designed to resist harsh weather conditions, humidity, water & most importantly, explosive materials. Thus, it becomes easier for the operators to monitor the worksite, and intercept risks, malfunctions, accidents, suspicious activities, and thefts in a timely manner.Explosion-proof cameras can protect your employees from any disaster or accident beforehand, and also provide real-time support. With a constant live feed, a surveillance manager can monitor your employees & workplace, and if you find anything out of the norm, then you can question the particular employee. It’s also easy to install them anywhere on the worksite like on the rig floor, monkey board, driller console, and sub-base rigs.
3. The Range: Which Type of Camera
For monitoring such a critical environment, well-thought-out video surveillance is necessary. SharpEagle’s Ex-proof camera systems are designed to meet the needs of Oil and Gas industry. We offer a full range of certified explosion-proof cameras for unparalleled protection of your worksite’s hazardous areas, safeguarding from intrusion, monitoring operations, and keeping a watchful eye on your site ensuring the health and safety of employees. Here’s a brief look at our range of explosion-proof cameras.
Explosion-proof Mini IR Cameras are one of the smallest Ex-rated cameras with ATEX certification and approval ratings for Zone 1 and Zone 2 environments. Made for an extreme and harsh work atmosphere, our mini IR cameras are perfect for solutions for complex environmental monitoring.
Housing is made of 304 / 316L stainless steel.
Certified for use in Zones 1 and 2, IIC T5 Group (Gas), and Zones 21 and 22, IIIC T100°C Group (Dust).
Certified temperature for hazardous area: -30°C to +70°C.
IP68 Weatherproof rating.
1080p, 5 million 1/2.5” progressive CMOS.
True Day/Night for vivid color images by day and clear black-and-white images at night.
Excellent low-light performance with 3D noise reduction.
Support RS485 serial port, extensible wireless Wi-Fi, 3G function.
Built-in POE module, Embedded Web Server, support IE browse videos.
H.264 video encoding, support, Dual stream, AVI format; support 0.1M-6Mbps stream adjustable.
The ex-proof PTZ camera is not only bulletproof; it is also weather-proof and comes with night-vision. These cameras are the best combination of both utilities that are titling and explosion protection. These kinds of cameras come with an automatic wiper for cleaning the camera lens.
- Option for 304 / 316L stainless steel. - Certified for use in Zones 1 and 2, IIC T5 Group (Gas), and Zones 21 and 22, IIIC T100°C Group (Dust). - Certified temperature for hazardous area: -30°C to +70°C. - IP68 Weatherproof rating.- 960p, 5 million 1/3” progressive scan CMOS. - Image Resolution 25-30Fps. - Digital Zoom - 12x
With features like night-vision, waterproof body, shock resistance, and more, our ex-proof cameras are perfect solutions for complex environmental monitoring. It also comes with ATEX certification and approval ratings for Zone 1 and Zone 2 environments.
- Housing made of 304/316L Stainless Steel - Certified for use in Zones 1 and 2, class IIA, IIB and IIC T1-T6 group flammable gas, and Zones 21 and 22, IIIC T100°C Group (Dust) - Certified temperature for hazardous area: -30°C to +70°C - IP68 Weatherproof rating. - 1/2.8” Progressive Scan CMOS-Image Output- Main Stream 50Hz:25fps(2048*1536,1920x1080,1280*720), 60Hz:30fps(2048*1536,1920x1080,1280*720) - 30X optical zoom, 16x digital zoom - Integrate an explosion-proof camera and an infrared lamp which will turn on automatically when there is a lack of visible light.
Explosion-proof Fixed Type Dome Camera has the advantages of both traditional explosion-proof facilities and smart dome cameras which makes them advanced explosion-proof surveillance equipment.
- The housing is made of 304/316L Stainless Steel with an Electro-polished surface. - This camera is lightweight and flexible, good-looking appearance & easy operation - Certified for use in Zones 1 and 2, class IIA, IIB, and IIC T1-T6 group flammable gas, and Zones 21 and 22, IIIC T100°C Group (Dust). - Certified temperature for hazardous area: -30°C to +70°C- IP68 Weatherproof rating. - 5 megapixels 1/2.5“CMOS sensor - Maximum Resolution- 1080P - Automatic IR CUT conversion day and night, high-quality pictures with clear vivid colors, and sync infrared lights keep the pictures excellent at night. - Horizontal Manual Adjustable Range - 360°; Vertical Manual Adjustable Range- ±45°- 5m-15m visible infrared distance, the high-quality image showed even in poorly lit areas
A lightweight and flexible camera, PTZ cameras offer you great flexibility and a simplified installation with their ability to rotate on a 360-degree plane; which means an eye rotating 360 degrees at the workplace.
- The housing is made of 304/316L Stainless Steel with an Electro-polished surface. - Used polycarbonate composite aerospace materials have good hardness and corrosion resistance. - Certified for use in Zones 1 and 2, class IIA, IIB, and IIC T1-T6 group flammable gas, and Zones 21 and 22, IIIC T100°C Group (Dust). - Certified temperature for hazardous area: -30°C to +70°C- IP68 Weatherproof rating. - Maximum Resolution- 1920*1080@30fps- 36x Optical Zoom
It is a small lightweight, modest, and compact camera which makes it easier to be installed in the smallest corners. Even with the stainless steel housing, it weighs no more than 436 grams and still resists ambient aggressive chemical substances as well as substantial mechanical stress, including vibrations.
- Housing is made of /316L Stainless Steel. - Protection against extreme voltage 28 V DC (500 hrs.). - Certified for use in Zones 1 and 2, class IIA, IIB, and IIC T1-T6 group flammable gas, and Zones 21 and 22, IIIC T100°C Group (Dust). - Certified temperature for hazardous area: -30°C to +75°C - Resolution- 470 TVL / 580 TVL (extended) - Minimum illumination 0.3 Lux at F1.2 5600 °K - Power consumption 12 V DC +/- 15 %, consumption 250 mA heating ON, 85 mA heating OFF - A.E.S. (automatic electronic shutter)- 1/50 ~ 1/100,000 sLarge investments, an invaluable workforce, and critical production environments in such hazardous areas need a surveillance system that protects assets and provides you with peace of mind.
With SharpEagle explosion-proof camera for oil and gas industry , you can safeguard your whole site 24/7. An ex-proof camera is the ideal surveillance solution for the oil and gas industry. As they are designed to resist harsh weather conditions, humidity, water & most importantly, explosive materials. Thus, it becomes easier to monitor the worksite. For a more detailed look, you can also check out all the explosion-proof cameras mentioned above at sharpeagle.uk
SharpEagle strives to make industrial atmospheres safe and secure with our state-of-the-art products and services. By using top-quality safety products, we ensure your site is highly secure and continues to perform tasks with utmost efficiency. Our product range includes Explosion Proof CCTV Cameras, Explosion Proof Lights. We have expanded our horizon in 8 countries including UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, India and United Kingdom. Want to safeguard your site from unnecessary hazards? Connect with us to stay clear of such mishaps.
When it comes to security and surveillance systems, we have always led from the front. We have cemented our position as the go to industrial safety solution provider worldwide. Our unprecedented growth is a testimony of our incredible work.