Sharp Eagle is a well-known brand of safety and security to provide various heavy industries throughout UAE, Kuwait India, Australia, and many other places worldwide. In this case study report, we have discussed how we faced product-related issues with the company, Sadafco KSA. We are thankful to Mr. Mark Watson (Operations Manager), who wholeheartedly cooperated with us through the entire process.
The fundamental problem: In the warehouse, many forklift accidents happen due to a lack of warning alarms and signals. Due to which we had to face material damage cost, injury cost.
How we solved the problem
With the help of sharp eagle Danger and warning light systems, we finally got a perfect scenario for visual warning. We are getting good results as we faced zero accidents from the past one month after implementing Sharpeagle Lights.
Background of the incident
We use Forklift at our worksite, and we have a professional operator to operate it. But, we did not install any warning alarms or safety lights, and for that, we suffered from lots of hazards at our warehouse. Not only that, but our staffs also got injured and materials got damaged too. The areas where we faced lots of problems due to the absence of forklift danger and warning light are below.
Operators faced problems while driving.
The forklift operators used to find it tough to move front and back while carrying a load. They often collided with materials and pedestrians at the worksite. They used to feel high trouble during the reverse.
It often happened that the Forklift ran over on the feet of the pedestrians, and the person got severely injured. It happened because the operator could not notice the outside properly while carrying the load.
Many times, due to insufficient light and bad weather conditions, operators were also not able to judge the position of pedestrians and other objects. Again, the existence of debris, puddles are expected at the workplace. These also create hazards to the operators to drive the Forklift properly.
The precautionary measure we took
After facing lots of hazards and accidents, we learned about two advanced safety Forklift safety products of Sharp Eagle- Forklift Danger light and Forklift spot Safety light. We also feel like letting you know how these two devices work and how we have sorted out the problems at our worksite.
Sharp Eagle Forklift danger light
Forklift Danger light comes with a design to deliver the necessary safety measures at the workplace. The light source of this device is generated from a high-power Osram LED of 6pcs*3w. It operates at a voltage of 10-80V DC, and the LEDs and the LED light require a power of 18W.
We also find that the device can operate at a temperature range between -40 degrees to +80 degrees centigrade. The rubberized double insulated silicone wire has made this safety device perfect for a forklift. The device is made with aluminum die-cast housing and stainless steel bracket, making this device long-lasting.
SharEagle Forklift spot safety light
We also implemented Sharp Eagle Forklift Spot Safety Light. It is another excellent development to implement adequate safety measures for the operators of the Forklift. The product is facilitated with loads of advanced technologies. The device has got a durable structure as it is made of aluminum alloy housing. This product suits heating elimination.
It is designed with a top-quality glass cover and high-power LED lights. The device is made perfect for any hazardous area in any industry. The advanced water-resistant and dustproof and dustproof features have made it more popular among the operators. It also can work in any temperature between -45°C to 85°C.
What Benefits do we get from these safety lights?
We have implemented these devices just one month back, and we have already noticed the differences. We are here to let all know the practical benefits we get after installing various safety lights.
- These devices create a visible border that keeps the pedestrians aware of the movement of the Forklift. The projected light on the floor will remind people standing on the floor staying away from the perimeter of the Forklift.
- By installing these warning lights, the Forklift will slow down in those areas where the vision is obstructed. The backup alarm rings and makes people aware so that they can move away from the perimeter of the Forklift. The lights are in blue and red colors, and these lights indicate the direction of the forklifts and how fast they are moving.
- After implementing these warning and danger lights, we noticed that these lights could capture the pedestrians' attention. Earlier, there were lots of mishaps where the wheels of the forklifts run over the feet of the pedestrians. But after installing these devices, no such accident occurred in the last month.
These LED lights are easily visible, and the pedestrians can stay alert while the Forklift is moving at the worksite. These lights can be designed with arrows to let the pedestrians know the direction of the Forklift. Again, a flashlight can also put the flashlight on the pedestrians to make them aware of the Forklift movement. Hence the pedestrians who are busy at their work or with a phone will notice a blue light to alert them about the Forklift activity.
- Besides safety features, we were also in search of a device that can easily install. The Forklift danger and warning lights are the devices that are easy to install. The LED lights come with aluminum housing, and it has made these lights extremely durable. We have also used a mounting bracket to mount the LED light. Experts suggest installing the red spotlight in front of the blue light to ensure maximum safety. So, we followed it and got maximum protection.
- The LED lights consume less power, and we have noticed that these lights are able to produce more light instantly. We observe that there is no downtime to get the total output from the LED lights.
In conclusion, we can mention that we find these warning and safety forklift lights supplied by Sharp Eagle highly beneficial to our work site. We have overcome unnecessary mishaps since we installed these devices.